That is the family of Mr. Mac Van Bay, currently living in Bu Dak village, Quang Truc Commune, Tuy Duc District, Dak Nong Province (near the Vietnam-Cambodia border). Mr. Bay was born in 1950 in Nam Tan Commune, Nam Sach District, Hai Duong Province. His family currently has 7 members, of which he and his 4 children are victims of Agent Orange, one member is war invalid, one member is disabled (his wife), 1 son is in very poor health but has not been tested. There is 1 member who is a normal person. His family\'s economic condition is very difficult. The whole family live in a 50-square-metre house with no garden, fields or farm. They even have no job.
Here are their details:
1. Mr. Bay, the head of the household. He is both a victims of Agent Orange and a class 2 wounded soldier with a 71% injure (his left arm was amputated). He joined the army in July 1967, operated in Thua Thien – Hue. In 1985, he was discharged from the military. Mr. Bay was awarded 7 medals and many certificates of merit. He is an exemplary and typical member of the war veteran association. Mr. Bay is entitled to a war invalid allowance of 4,737,000 VND/month and an Agent Orange allowance of 2,062,000 VND/month.
2. Ms. Nguyen Thi Ha, Mr. Bay’s wife. She was born in 1950 in Nam Tan Commune, Nam Sach District, Hai Duong Province. Ms. Ha is a disabled person and is entitled to an allowance of 405,000 VND/month.
3. Ms. Mac Thi Thuy, Bay’s daughter, born in 1975, is a heavy victim of Agent Orange who is unable to take care of herself in everyday life. She enjoys an allowance of 1,600,000 VND/month.
4. Mac Van Manh, Bay’s son, was born in 1977 with very poor health, but has not had his health screened to claim a victim\'s allowance.
5. Mac Thi Mien, Bay’s daughter, born in 1979, is a heavy victim of Agent Orange who can’t do her daily activities and benefits from an allowance of 1,600,000 VND/month.
6. Mac Tien Bach, bay’s son, was born in 1982, is a victim of Agent Orange and enjoys a subsidy of 974,000 VND/month.
7. Mac Thi Xuan, Bay’s daughter, born in 1990, is the only healthy member in the family.
In a family with up to 6 members are victims of Agent Orange, seriously ill, disabled, and unable to work, hence they have to live on subsidy. This is an extremely difficult case in Dak Nong Province, which is badly in need of the community\'s help.
For any help and support, please contact phone number: 03.666.057.38; or go directly to the Association for Victim of Agent Orange of Dak Nong Province; Or the Vietnam Agent Orange Magazine’s Account number: 0031116222666 at the Military Joint Stock Commercial Bank, Thanh Xuan branch, Hanoi.
Vu Viet Van
President of Dak Nong Provincial Association